Online learning has grown exponentially on and off of institutes and throughout education. The past few months have seen increasing numbers of coaching institutes across the country announce that they are moving to online-only learning. Number of teachers is busy working to move their face-to-face classes online. Designing online courses takes significant time and effort.
While not much has changed, only the classrooms have converted to virtual classes and the white board has converted into a digital board and notes are converted to video explanations which are easy to acknowledge and provide a better understanding of the subject being taught.
If we talk about Civil Exam preparations, traditionally aspirants from across the country had two choices - either relocate to Delhi, the coaching hub for IAS preparation, or study from home - with typically a sub-par teacher in their own town. The digital education wave and easy availability of internet services in India is enabling more and more aspirants to use technology for exam preparation. The core benefits include saving travel time, and removing the need to relocate.
The e-learning platform has provided students a great help in cracking their examination. Quick tips to make online teaching better, from an expert in online learning:
- Record your lectures along with live streaming: If students are unwell or struggling with internet access, they will miss a live streamed lecture. Recorded videos help such student to continue their studies and can watch in their own time. Edugyaan provides secure video streaming as well as automatic recording of lectures on cloud instantly.
- Teach in your own style: Online students do not like frequent changes in their learning style. They are happy to repeat the same structure and activities. Once you find a teaching style working for you, feel free to repeat it each week until find to make any changes.
- Make Online Classes Interactive: Student may feel bore during online classes, so make your sessions interesting. After completing your topic, you can post a couple of questions to help students break the ice and start conversation. Encourage students to use the communication tools to answer questions.
- Use auto-checking to measure attendance: If you tell students that their attendance will be measured by their joining the sessions, it will increase compliance. However, you won’t have time to check them all, so use the automatic checking features on the Edugyaan portal.
- Keep your sessions short: Videos recorded should not be longer than 120 minutes; it can cause issues of slow internet or data consumption issue and learner distraction. If you have more to record, record two or three short videos. This will help students to even complete their videos while traveling also i.e. during short duration.
- Choose correct fonts: Generally in online classes, students use Smartphone to watch lectures so all text is readable on small screens. Be precise while selecting your font size, colors if creating slides for representing your content. If using traditional classroom board, then font size should be big not much but should be readable on small screens. Choose proper color of markers.
I am attracted by the presentation of this article. This information about IB Online Tutor is really good. I really appreciate your work. It is a gainful article for us. Keep posting. Thank you.ReplyDelete